Monday, November 21, 2005

Breakfast of Champeens

I wonder if all my posts will have titles about food. Hmmmm.

Today may be a multiple post day because I am not sure yet what I want to babble about. For now, it is Monday morning and I'm freezing in my office because the dorks who run this place won't turn on the heat. They say it gets too hot. Whatever. I woke up with a sinus headache. It isn't bad -- it's just *there* ya know? I got here to work and found that my skim milk is now soured skim milk, so no breakfast for me. I'm having a Dr. Pepper. AH! There it is ! She ties in the title of this weird blog. Yes Dr. Pepper is the most wonderful drink in the world -- but I have to limit my intake so I won't be a fat ass. *sigh*

Last night the Fishers went to my church's Thanksgiving Feast. The food. Was. AWESOME. We went thru the dessert line first and I got samplings of fruit salad and banana pudding and pecan pie. Mmmmmm. Then we went thru the regular line, where I got samplings of: corn with cream cheese and green chiles, roasted sweet potatoes with carrots & onion, REAL cranberry sauce, turkey, a little ham, dressing (or stuffing as you yankees say) and a roll. OMG. It was sooooo good. I had to have more of the roasted sweet potatoes and veggies. Those were to die for, honestly. And the REAL cranberry sauce (not that canned stuff) was divine. Seriously.

So by the time I got done and went to eat my dessert, I didn't really want the sweet stuff. I wanted more roasted vegetables. But at this point I had to stop before I killed someone across the room with the button flying off my jeans.

Someone from the church decided to have a musical act for us. Now, you would imagine that since this is a church outing, it would be hymns or the like, yes? Oh no. It was this weird woman and this odd little skinny dude singing showtunes. That's right. SHOWTUNES. And not only singing, but they would act out the parts as they sang. And sometimes they danced. Both my sons were giving me the evil eye. I asked them later, "Hey didn't that beat playing video games?" and they looked at me like I was insane. Can't say that I blame 'em.

Okay thats enough for now. Time to get some work done. If I have an epiphany of thought later, I'll post again. Brain diahrrea. Bet you can't wait.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6

:o)