Friday, April 02, 2010

The End is Near!

Quest 12 is nearly over and I’m excited!!


Well – don’t take that the wrong way. ;)


We have one more week of Quest 12 and then the Grand Finale! That is going to be a really special event. I can’t wait to see the transformations and hear the testimonials. I have seen so much heart and spirit this past 11 weeks. I have been inspired by everyone and I hope that I was able to pass that inspiration on, as well. I am blessed to be a part of it!


No matter what my final numbers are, I have gotten what I truly wanted out of it:


1. Relationship. I wanted more than anything to make lasting friendships, to give of myself, to be an encourager. I have been rewarded GREATLY in the relationship department!


2. Develop spiritually. I wanted to reinforce my faith and be reminded that it isn’t all about “me” – it is about Him, first and foremost. I knew this was the place and these were the folks that would steer me that direction. I have been rewarded GREATLY in the faith department!


3. To feel capable. I wanted, by the end, to feel that I was strong enough and capable enough to TRY any task set before me. I have done 7 hours at a Tae Bo A Thon. I have marched up Thrill Hill (several times). I have “run” a 5k and finished. Those were the big tasks – every day in class I was faced with a smaller, yet just as important task. To push through when my body was saying “stop”. To hold that power drill just 10 more seconds. To kick harder. To punch with power. To squat deeper. Sure it is hard, and sure it hurts – but I AM ABLE.



4. To get me back in the swing of things. I used to be active all the time! "Used to be" - what happened? I don't really know.... just got out of the habit, I guess. It feels good to be back in it now!


Those are the main things I wanted and I have them in my possession now. I have also been reminded that 12 weeks goes by FAST! It seems like a long road ahead, but the time really flies. My mind used to think, “A 12 week program, oh man this is going to take forever….” And now my mind says, “12 weeks will go by FAST - why not make it productive?”


NOW I am excited that the end of Quest is near because…..I KNOW my plan for the next 12 weeks. After careful consideration, this is it:


** Immediately after Quest, take a recovery week. This will include walking a lot and attending Yoga/Stretch class. My body needs this, it is telling me so now. I will push thru this final week of Quest and then give it the rest/recovery it needs.


** After that recovery week, I will start a schedule that follows the rotation guidelines of the Chalean Extreme program. This is a strength training program (by Beachbody) designed to build lean muscle and slim & tone the body. Not necessarily weight loss – although I believe that will come simply because I have some more pounds to lose. I feel the craving for strength training. It is vital to women over 40! On this schedule, I will be doing strength workouts 3x a week, using the Chalean Extreme workout dvd’s at home. I will do 2, sometimes 3 (depending on what is going on that week) Tae Bo/Yoga/Stretch workouts at the gym – this will sub for the cardio/endurance/stretch workouts in the plan.


This plan will take me right up to about July 4th and I’ll see where I am then.


I’m looking forward to the plan. It will keep me connected to my friends at FBF and involved there – which I love! – and at the same time allow me more “home time”.


So there you have it. In black and white, in print, in INK baby! Now I have to do it huh? ;)


Have a very happy Easter Weekend, friends! We have my mom visiting, we’ll have all the kids over for dinner and visiting and I believe we get to keep Audrey for the weekend which makes me very very happy……………… I could just gobble up that little funky monkey…… she’s sweeter than a marshmallow Peep!


All my love!

Tam