Tuesday, January 31, 2006

FLUMMOXED!



Okay so today was "weigh and measure day". To be honest, I don't know why I bother, because all it does is make me confused and frustrated and somewhat pissed off.

According to the scale and tape I have gained about 5 pounds, gained 1/2 inch on my waist, lost 1 inch off my belly and gained nearly 2 inches across my ass.

Now, this confuses me because I know I am slimmer. My clothes tell me so - my jeans especially. I can wear them straight out of the dryer now with no flab hanging over the top. And they are not tight in the ass so I don't know where that 2 inches is. Jimmy even commented the other day that my waist looks smaller and my butt looks smaller and tighter. So there! I know it's true!

I have been around the block enough times to know that you can't always trust what the scale and tape say. The human body is a mystery -- it does what it does and none of makes any sense for the most part.

So what is my plan? Because I am obviously farther from my goals now, according to the numbers. Well, for starters:

I am going to start eating every 3 hours. When I lost 45 pounds 2 years ago, I did it by eating. Imagine that! But yes -- you have to eat to make your body burn calories. Right now I think I eat enough, however I don't space it out properly so I probably end up eating too much at one time. So, it's back to breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner for me. This will keep me (A) never feeling hungry and (B) never overeating at mealtime.

I am also increasing my fluid intake. I know I don't drink enough water and that could explain 2 to 4 pounds right there.

I am going to have to suck it up and stop "cheating" so much if I want to be smaller. A cookie or two (or three) here, a Dr. Pepper there..... before you know it, it adds up and I have a tendency to rationalize it away. I will stop that, at least during the week and save the "treats" for the weekend, if then.

My exercise has been fairly good, but yes, there is room for improvement there. I've been managing to workout 4 or 5 days per week usually 5. I will make that a solid 5 for certain -- maybe 6.

I will weigh and measure in two weeks (on Feb. 14th, what a great Valentine's gift that should be) and see if today was just an anomaly or if I truly am a mutant.

Now, I am trying to be really normal about this entire thing and not let it bother me. I know that I should be in this for reasons other than my weight and size. I know that. And I am. I do like working out and how it feels to just feel capable and strong. I am into that. I am already making gains in strength and ability -- all I have to do is count reps to see that.

I am just typically female and, like every other woman out there, I want the physical to reflect that.

Onward and upward, right? :o\