Friday, January 13, 2006

I'm a trainwreck....

That pic is for Dave & Heather. Because... I'm like dat. Ha!

So I haven't said much lately about my quest for fitness. That is mainly because I have not wanted to jinx myself. It never fails -- if I write or talk about it, then I end up quitting big time!! So I have just kept quiet about it here and elsewhere and just been doing the work. Anyhoo -- I dont want you to think I forgot about it or just blew it off, I have not. I intend to update my stats at the end of the month and I'll report to you then how it is goin.

So, I think my quest right now is to build up the stamina to actually run. I am not built for running -- my legs are like, 1 foot long each. I have a big bosom that heaves and requires 2 sport bras when jumping up and down. My lungs are tiny. I don't have a stride and I run "flat footed". Overall, it is just not pretty. BUT I have asked around and read bits here and there and based on what I'm getting, anyone can run as long as you ease into it correctly.

Which is what I'm working on. Today was a run day. I borrowd LJ's iPod thingie because I figured having music would (A) be a good way to pass the time and (B) DISTRACT ME FROM THE IMMENSE PAIN. hahaha Which it did, but here's what I did. I didnt load anything into it and I didn't want to listen to his stuff so I put it on the local fm Christian radio station, 99.3 the Rock. The afternoon gal plays pretty cool, funky stuff, upbeat so I figured it would get my feet moving, which it did.

But at the end I was just..... so tired and my butt was draggin' let me tell ya. Just then, this song came on by Kirk Franklin called "Lifting it up to You" (I think that's what it was called I could be wrong) Now this song is like 70's soul music -- it almost has a disco groove and well, my feet HAD to get moving. So off I went. That was very, very cool. Just what I needed when I needed it. Which is no surprise because, hey, He's cool like that.

Then I had to laugh because after that I was BEAT, man. I was still running but at this point I'm sure I looked like I was about to start crawling down the street. I had that thick, gluey saliva thing going on, I was finding it hard to breathe but there I was, feet slappin' the pavement and the next song comes on:

"I'm a trainwreck, I'm a trainwreck for You
Oh Lord yes I am now...
trainwreck I'm a trainwreck...."

I just had to laugh -- Yes at that point I WAS a trainwreck. Too funny. He has a sense o' humor too. :o)

Happy Weekend!