Monday, January 09, 2006

SURPRISE!

I got the best surprise on Sunday.

I was sitting in church, in the back row with my friend Amy. We were singing along with the praise band having a good time when this woman walks in and takes the seat directly in front of me. I never saw her face, I just saw her back as she took a seat and I thought, "Wow that looks just like Kathy." Then I glanced down and saw her purse and her Bible (which is covered with an embroidered type cover that has a bear on it) and thought, "Hey that looks amazingly like what Kathy carries around, how bout that." and kept on singing away....

Then the lady turned and gave me a sly grin over her shoulder...... it WAS Kathy!!!

She had driven over an hour to come and go to church with me! She said the look on my face was priceless. We stood in the aisle hugging and crying while the congregation kept on singing. I'm sure they thought we were nutty or somethin' hahaha But oh well! My homegirl was in the house!! As we took our seats and brother Jerry led us all in prayer, I don't even know what he was praying about because I was thanking God for Kathy over and over again.

Kathy...... I met Kathy about 23 years ago when we were sophomores in high school. She became on of the infamous Gulls. She & I have been the best, closest of friends ever since. She is not only my best friend, she is my "faith mentor" (to which she rolls her eyes and says, "Me? You have got to be kidding." haha) She's ...... inquisitive (are you laughing at that one, Kathy?) She's a great listener and a wonderful counselor. She has a way of getting to the heart of a matter. She's direct, but not hurtfully blunt. And she's funny as hell, too.

We spent the entire day together. We went for Mexican food, then just sat and talked and talked and talked. When we get together, we can just talk forever. One day not too long ago we sat at a Kentucky Fried Chicken for nearly 6 HOURS just talking away. I bet the KFC workers thought we were homeless hahaha At the Mexican restaurant, we sat in the parking lot talking and Jimmy had to call me TWICE on my cell phone to tell us to come inside and order our food!! We just get lost in our world of girl talk, she and I.

It was a great surprise and a wonderful way to start off my week. I love her.

:o)

Oh -- and the band played Todd Agnew's "Grace Like Rain" at worship service and it was soooo awesome.