Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Jesus Fish



Happy Tuesday ya'll!

How was your holiday weekend? Ours was great and relaxed. Here's a recap:

Saturday: I worked from 9 to 12 at the bank, then came home and did a couple of chores. Jimmy & I went to Home Depot to get gift cards for his brothers. We contemplated going to Walmart for a split second. Looking at the parking lot convinced us otherwise -- it was PACKED! I feel sorry for anyone in there on that day. We then went by Blockbuster but did not find any movies we wanted to see in particular. Then we went next door and ate CiCi's Pizza (LJ was working that day). While eating, we realized the Cowboys were playing football so we hurried up and went home to finish watching the game on the big screen. I don't remember who won at this point. I guess it was not important.

After the game, we went to our friends home (Rick & Tish). They have just built a new smaller home and sold their larger one and moved in. It is really cute -- it is like a hunting lodge. The walls are cedar planks and the ceilings are tin. It is really cozy and "country" style. Things are kind of scattered right now because they have a bit of finish work to do and unpacking, etc., but overall it's really cool. Rick's sister Liz was in from Ohio so we all went over to their parents' home for Christmas Eve dinner. That has sort of become a tradition between our families and it is a lot of fun.

Sunday: Jimmy & I got up around 8:30 -- we finally woke the boys at about 10:30 and had to make them get up and open presents so everyone could shower before the family arrived. Teenagers! haha The boys enjoyed their gifts (clothes, gift cards, candy). Jimmy was happy with his wireless keyboard and mouse (which took some doing to get installed. Microsoft! grrr) and he was surprised by his gift of "delayed gratification" -- tickets to the PGA Byron Nelson tournament in May! :o)

I opened my gifts from him: a stack of blank CD's (I burn a lot!).... two beautiful Christian books I had been wanting to read, one of them a leatherbound edition book of prayers....a beautiful gold plated bookmark engraved with Phillipians 4:13.... at this point I was getting misty eyed because I was so touched that he really paid attention and knew what would mean the most to me (like he wouldn't anyways..... he always does but still..... it gets me!) And my last gift was the piece de resistance:

A delicate, gold icthus pendant on a fragile gold chain.

I love that man.

The Fisher clan came over at about 1:00pm and we watched March of the Penguins on the big screen (good movie, very cute). All the kids (8 total from ages 17 to 2) opened presents and generally made the den look like a tornado came through. There was much hollering and laughing. We ate baked ham and trimmings, cheese dip and coconut pie. The clan left by 6pm and Jimmy & I fell asleep on the couch for a bit......

All in all -- a good holiday weekend with much to be thankful for and feel blessed by. I am looking forward to 2006 as a year of growing in Christ, conquering some of my "self" stuff involving my health and above all, remembering to be grateful each and every day for the blessings of God, a loving husband, family and friends that surround me.

Happy Tuesday everyone. Hope your Christmas was as full of cheer as mine.