Thursday, March 09, 2006

I'm a crappy blogger.

Anonymous -- is that you, Buckets? :o) If it is, you just giggled. If not, you are wondering why in the world someone would be called "Buckets". It's a long story. One I won't tell right now. :o)

I've been remiss in my blogging! Let's face it, I'm just not bloggerific like some (
www.neeeenaz.blogspot.com) but -- today I'm here. What's been happenin' in the world o' Tam?

I got an afternoon part-time job. That has been keeping me busy, with less time to blog, as well as less important things like laundry and vacuuming. But that's why I have kids. (To clean -- not to compose my blog.) So my new job is working as a secretary for our friends auto-body shop. It isn't hard work. I think I am learning the system pretty quick and in a week or so I should be confident that I'm doing everything the way they want it done.

It fills my afternoon from 1pm to 5pm so I am not bored. And it is extra income, which is much needed. Jacob needs braces!! (picture me shaking the dice and shouting that instead of "baby needs new shoes") The property taxes need payin'! It just goes on and on.

The weather here has been quite nice lately. Looks like I'll be golfing again soon with the hubby :o) Good times. Good times.

I have committed to run in TWO 5K races this season. Yes, TWO. I'll wait for a sec while you get up off the floor from your cold faint. Ready? Okay. Yes, I will run on April 22nd in Goldthwaite, Texas for the Cabrito 5K Run (I think that means goat. Nina? translation?) Then I will head to Marble Falls, Texas on May 20th for the CASA charity 5K run. (Gulls -- got that? May 20th. Are you training yet? Don't leave me hangin'. Mark it in ink!)

It's all part of the "Get Outside Your Box" Challenge (or GOYB if you will) taking place at "Neeeena's Respectin' the X!" forum on the boards at Beachbody.com. Now and then we think up ways to keep the mojo goin' and this is one of 'em. I have to say for a non-runner, I am certainly excited by the prospect of running across the finish line and realizing that I DID IT. :o)

So I'm training here and there, with my OFFICIAL training starting Monday, March 13th.

Wish me luck. And strength.

I'm going out of town for the weekend, leaving bright and early tomorrow a.m. so I won't be around for the weekend. However, I may have some interesting stuff to blog about come Monday or Tuesday. What could it be? I wonder?

Stay tuned................