Friday, February 24, 2006

Putting stuff behind you

Ever had a time when stupid, bad thoughts just bubble up and you can't seem to get them to go away?

Like, stuff that has come and gone and been resolved, but every now and then for whatever reason your mind just sort of drifts back and it's all right there in front of your face again?

I don't know why that happens..... maybe for us women it is partly hormonal because this past few days I have certainly been hormonally challenged. It is just so annoying, though. It's like everything is fine and then all of a sudden, the devil is whispering in your ear, "What if it isn't fine? What if........"

My solution to those times is to just give it away in prayer, which is what I have been doing for the past few days. Whenever the whispering starts, I just think, "Father -- take this from me. I don't want to go there, I don't want to feel it again. Just take it from me and handle it please."

Today in my email, I believe I got a reply:

The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride. Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
Ecclesiastes 7:8-9