Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Idiot Box

I wonder..... does what a person watches on television say a lot about him/her self? Here is what I watch regularly. You be the judge!

Mondays:
Monday Night Football -- if it is the season
The Bachelor -- I hate this show but keep flipping back to it during commercial breaks
Medium -- I watch this one, start to finish

Tuesdays:
American Idol -- need I say more?

Wednesdays:
American Idol -- yes, again
The Biggest Loser

Thursdays:
Survivor -- a show I try to not get involved in, but ultimately I can find nothing else to watch
The Office
ER -- my viewing of this one has been "take it or leave it" for the past 2 seasons

Fridays:
Seems I don't watch a lot on Friday but if I am around, I find myself flipping between TLC's "What Not To Wear" and the Food channel. Usually, there is a movie on somewhere.

Saturdays:
TLC extravaganza: Flip This House, Moving Up, Trading Spaces and, lately "Wild Weddings"

Sundays:
Cold Case -- it's my regular Sunday night have a good cry show

I have been watching the Olympics this week. Seems there is always some drama, excitement and inspiration to be had there.

Daytime shows: I do enjoy Dr. Phil most of the time. I will watch Oprah depending on the topic. Sometimes I get tired of her "I'm saving the world" stuff. Tell me, honestly, can a person really be that altruistic all the time? After a while, it starts to seem so self-glorifying. "I am Oprah, hear me roar....."

But that's a whole ' nother topic....