Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Baby baby..... where did my oomph go?

So I had in mind that I would be a size smaller by July 4th, especially since we are having a "Quallity Body Works Boat Party" the day before (we are closing the shop early and all going out in Rick's boat to swim and wakeboard and have fun). Well here it is less than a week away and have I done much of anything to reach that goal? Hell no. And I'm not making excuses, I know it's my own fault for being uninspired and reaching for the brownies way too often...

My question is..... why? Where did my mojo go?

I used to be really excited about working out and taking care of myself. What happened? Did I get to comfortable in my own skin? Am I happy where I am now? Well..... no, not really. But I'm not totally unhappy, either. Is that the problem?

I read somewhere about how it is easy to commit to the "end goal" --- less easy to commit to the process that gets you there. Maybe that's it. I'm all about committing to being a size smaller, having my bra fit better, wearing my cute summer clothes again, having a waist........ I just want it to be easy to get there. Like -- snap my fingers and voila! Instant size 6.

But, reality is a cold hard bitch.

I'll keep workin' on it.

This weekend we are having a garage sale. It's a lot of work - more than I like to do -- but we need to get rid of stuff and we need the extra dough. Also this weekend is the Fisher Fourth of July Family Fiesta Fandago and Fiasco -- we just don't know if its going to be in the traditional Allen & Judy location or if we are traveling to Burnet to Steven and Katy's new place. Waiting on word for that. At any rate, that will be Saturday afternoon/evening and I am sure a good time will be had by all. If for some reason I get a camera before then, maybe there will be pix!!

:o)