Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Secret Weekend Revealed!

( left to right: Heather (aztlgrl), me, Dawn (dusk)
and Nina (neeeena) )

Finally I have time to tell about what I've been saying I can't tell about:

On the weekend of March 10th, 3 of my friends from the Beachbody community flew to Dallas on the first leg of their "Turbocation". This was a week long Spring Break vacation where they would go semi-cross county to meet up and workout to Turbo Jam ( www.turbojam.com ) with stars from the TJ workouts. Dallas was the first stop, to workout with Mindy Robison ( www.mindyrobison.blogspot.com ) , then it was on to Los Angeles to meet with not only ALL the stars of the workouts, but the Queen herself: Turbo Jam Creator Chalene Johnson! (www.turbokick.com)

Unfortunately, I could not go on the LA leg of the trip. I had to be content with a weekend in Dallas - which I was! It was great!

Part of the appeal to this, for me, was meeting these 3 great women I have *known* for a couple of years through emails, text messages, the Beachbody community and occasional phone calls. I know some of you are thinking, "OMG she met people from the internet!" and yes..... it some ways it is a weird experience. I've done it before and it can entail good and bad --- bad when someone has misrepresented who they are and you don't figure it out until you are face to face.

But not these gals. They are who they are -- and they are my friends. :o)

So it started Friday when I picked up Heather at the airport in the late morning. We drove around the parking lot for a while until we figured out how to exit. Okay -- until I figured out how to exit. Then we had lunch, checked into our hotel and chilled out until the other 2 came flying in. We picked them up at the airport, had squeals and hugs, then it was off to a late dinner (late cuz the restaurant forgot we were waiting on a table..... but it's all good, we got free desserts!)

The thing that amazes me every time I have met someone from Beachbody is that pictures don't really do a person justice. People always look better in person -- and that couldn't be more true than in this case. These girls just....... glow with friendship and positive attitude. They beam!

Friday night was spent "slumber party style" -- teaching Nina to do makeup and giving her a complete "Texas style" makeover. Then it was to bed. We arose early Saturday and drove into Arlington to Turbo Jam with Mindy. What a workout!!! The class was jumpin' when we arrived (late due to traffic) I totally meant to stay in the back and just move around and "not get sweaty" --- but you just can't help yourself! The music is thumpin', Mindy is everywhere and the energy is so contagious..... so I was a sweaty mess (even if it didn't look like it, girls! I don't sweat on the face -- my back and ass were soaked though. Nice image, eh?)

Then it was lunch and chilling out at the hotel for a bit. Then Saturday we had dinner with Mindy in Fort Worth's Sundance Square. Great mexican food and great company! Mindy is a real sweetie.

On the way back to the hotel from dinner, Heather nearly got us all killed by a serial murderer. We had to stop on the freeway due to an accident up ahead. While we sat stopped in traffic, some dude came walking down the road from up ahead. Heather non-chalantly began to roll her window down to talk to him. I guess I was a little....... boisterous..... in my telling her DO NOT ROLL DOWN YOUR WINDOW HE IS NOT IN A POLICE OR FIREMAN UNIFORM HE COULD BE ANYBODY HE COULD BE A KILLER HE COULD SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!! Which the gals thought was just HEE-larious but I stand by my actions. Texas is friendly, yes --- but not on the freeway at midnight in the middle of DFW....

Sunday we went to Dealey Plaza and took in the conspiracy theorists setups on the Kennedy assasination. Interesting stuff -- go if you get the chance. It is just spooky to physically be in the place we've all seen on tv countless times. Then we walked to the West End where the girls did some souvenier shopping and we had a great lunch at the Cadillac Bar.....

Then we stopped at Mecca for Heather.... I mean, Texas Stadium.... so she could take a few pictures. :o)

Then back to the hotel and alas! It was time for me to head out and get home.

I'll never forget the image of Nina standing in the hallway pouting as I walked away......

:o(

I miss you ladies! We should definitely do it again next year -- only next time, I AM COMING TO LA, DAMMIT! Ya'll had way too much fun without me.....