Wednesday, November 30, 2005

She Ain't Crazy -- She's Spirit Filled!

This morning started out stressful because it’s payday at my 1st job and I’m literally squeezing blood out of turnips over there to skate us by for another 2 weeks. Business is so slow, the money comes in as a very slow drip. It isn’t even enough to call a trickle. On paydays I always have to weigh my choices: Do I get paid or do I pay the utility and office supply bills? If I do both – which bills do I pay and which ones do I put off for another week or two?

It’s really disheartening.

As I am going thru this today, I’m seriously thinking in the back of my mind,
“I just need to see if I can go full-time at the bank or something. This job is coming to an end. It isn’t going to work anymore, I can’t take the stress of not knowing if I’ll get paid enough to make my own bills. And Christmas is coming…. Then what?!”

I was in a bit of a funk leaving my office to head toward the bank. As I started off, my CD player came on (as always) and my new Casting Crowns cd began playing:

“Rescued from darkness we are walking in marvelous light!
For we are the children of the King!
SING!
You are worthy of all honor,
Glory, praise and power!
King of the nations!
YOU are Holy God Almighty!
Clothed in brilliant majesty
Father, Spirit Jesus!”

And it reminded me that I don’t have to be worried because I am no longer driving this bus I call my life – Jesus is at the wheel and He knows where we’re going!! I said a little prayer right then, “Jesus, I’m not going to worry about the money because You already have it in Your hands and I know You will see to my every need. How grateful I am for You!” and a calm washed over me. He’s got it.

Jesus is cool like that. :o)

So if you are ever driving thru Brownwood, Texas between 10:30-11:00am and you see a cute dorky chick (heh) in a silver Jetta screaming down the road, stereo blasting, hair flyin’, hands in the air thru the sunroof singing praises to God -- she ain’t crazy, she’s just filled to the brim with the Spirit! ;o)