Tuesday, April 25, 2006

5 Que?

So... the 5K run. Well, I didn't run it. Nor did I walk it. I skipped it entirely.

I felt a little bit bad about it at first. A little bit -- but not enough to make me go and do it. I knew I was losing my excitement and mojo for it several weeks ago when I tried and realized that I could run the 5K distance. Once I knew that, it didn't matter anymore if I raced it or not. I was more about Can I do it? than I was about competing with anyone for it.

Then about a week or so before the event, Kathy issued the invitation to come to her house and sit on the patio and drink margaritas while planning our trip to NYC.

So my decision was made. heh.

The day turned out beautiful. Perfect weather, perfect company, perfect food and drink. What could be better?

We got to Llano about 11:30-ish, visited with Kathy while waiting for Heather and her fam to arrive. They got in about 12:30pm. Funniest part of the day: Kevin (Heather's hubby) telling Jimmy about the pies Heather made and brought. "Coconut cream pie. How gay is that?" Heather & I about died laughing because we both know Jimmy's favorite pie in the world is coconut cream -- but he wasn't going to say anything. We told Kevin, who's response was, "Oh..... well he's secure in his masculinity then." That was quite the ice-breaker!

Then the guys headed for the golf course for the afternoon. Us womenfolk went to town and had a bite of lunch at a local tea room/shop, joined by Heather's adorably precocious daughter, Abby. What a trip that girl is --- only in 1st grade, yet so sure of herself and what she wants. I hope she keeps that attitude thru her teen years! Nobody will mess with her, for sure. :o)

After lunch, we made the rounds thru town, stopping for fresh cut steaks and fixins' -- and of course, to the liquor store for margarita stuff.......

Then it was back to the house and out to the patio with mango margaritas and Kaluha mudslides (what a combo!). We poured over Fromme's guide to NYC and made a few site seeing plans for this upcoming weekend. We drank our sweet margaritas and wondered what the smell was wafting over the fence from the pasture (some sort of carcass, apparently). Luckily once the grill was fired up, the smell was less prevalent. We enjoyed beautiful rib-eye steaks with salad and garlic bread, cheesecake and brokeback..... er I mean coconut cream pie, along with good company, lots of laughter and good times.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The perfect Saturday. :o)

So I leave Thursday after work and won't be back until Sunday night from NYC -- hopefully I'll have pictures and lots to tell!!!

Talk back at me.....