Friday, December 09, 2005

Accountability Day is Tomorrow


Tomorrow will be 2 weeks into my Plan (see earlier blog entry). How am I doing?

I'm doing alright. Not perfect, but perfection was not my goal. I've managed to get 4 workouts a week. I want to get that up to 5 next week. Tomorrow morning I will weigh and measure and compare. I am not sure what the stats will show, but I can tell things are changing.

When I put my hands on my hips or my waist, it feels smaller. My stomach feels tighter, altho it doesn't really look it. I still have some lumpiness, but it is moving around into different places now, which is a sign that things are changing.

My stamina has already increased a LOT -- I can pretty much keep up with whatever workout I choose for the day, as compared to wanting to quit 10 minutes in during the first week. One day, I even did a workout that has YOGA in the first section and I got thru all of it. That's a success when you consider that I haven't even done stretching since.... April? Granted I was sore the next day and couldn't lift my arms -- but still! I did the Yoga! :o)

In other news..... Jimmy & I are going to a Christmas party tonight at the home of one of my Sunday school classmates. I think it will be fun, they are a good group and I enjoy being a part of it. I didn't think I was a "member" of the class yet (I've only been going for a month) but they said, "YES you are a member of the class you've been here 2 times in a row!" hahahaa that made me feel good. I hope Jimmy has fun, too.

I'm really looking forward to the big party event of the holiday season -- New Year's Eve with my Gulls! It's going to be held at Heather's house outside San Antonio. It's the main party of the year when my group of high school girlfriends (the Gulls) gather and get silly. We've been the best of friends for years and years, some of us since 3rd grade, others joined in later in high school. On the average, I've known these ladies for nearly 27 years. Wow! When you have that much history, you are more like sisters. That's how I think of my Gulls - we are sisters. We've shared a lot of laughter and tears over those 27 years, too. I can't wait for us all to be together again.

Happy Friday :o)