Monday, December 05, 2005

Happy Monday. Bleh.

Ugh, it's Monday. This week I am filling in at the bank for Robin, who is on vacation. So I'm working at the bank from 7am to 12pm. Yeah. 7am. I am not a morning person really. It takes me a while to get warmed up and going. So these aren't my favorite hours in the world. It's just one week, thank goodness.

The weekend was the way I usually like it -- slow, boring, spent vegetating mainly. We got a Christmas tree put up and decorated. We bought new ornaments and lights this year. We have been using the same old stuff for YEARS and YEARS, I don't know why we never just bought new stuff now and then. Especially lights, because last year, at least 1/2 the lights on our tree did not work. This time we did pretty much everything in purple and silver. Purple is the color of royalty and Christmas is all about the King :o) How appropriate.

We got a new angel for the tree, too. She's beautiful and has all these LED lights on her wings and skirts. Very pretty. I didn't want to spend the $18 for her but LJ insisted because she was too pretty to pass up.

I haven't done much Christmas shopping yet. I need to get busy and get on it. Maybe this coming weeked. It is so hard to buy gifts for the nieces and nephews this year -- they are older now and they have everything!!! I'm thinking of giving them movies on DVD and Christmas candy. Kind of taking the easy way out, but oh well. They'll be happy with whatever they get -- they are good kids that way.

One good thing about working 7am to 12pm is that I can have lunch with Jimmy every day this week. Wooooo! :o) That's a good thing.