Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Baby Its Cold Outside!


Brrrrr!!!! We may be in Texas but you wouldn't know it by this week. It's cold!!! And gettin' colder. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 32 degrees and dropping, with a 50% chance of sleet/snow/ice. YIKES!!!

I want to be right there under that palm tree, feeling the warm breeze, with a tropical drink in hand. You know, the kind with the little umbrellas and a pineapple wedge. Just listening to the ocean as the surf moves in and out, feeling the sun on my skin, maybe taking a dip in the water now and then.

*Sigh*................................ but I'm in cold, icy Texas. Oh well :o)

I got this in my email today from one of my new friends at church. She's a sweet lady who reminds me a lot of my late Grandma. Read and enjoy -- it's the truth!

Christians - By Maya Angelou

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not shouting "I'm cleanlivin'."
I'm whispering "I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.

"When I say... "I am a Christian"
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not claiming to be perfect, My flaws are far too visible
But, God believes I am worth it.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I still feel the sting ofpain.
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow!