Thursday, December 08, 2005

Donkey Equestrian and Peach Stew


Good morning.


This morning it is 12 degrees out, wind chill is -3. And no, I did not make a typo and leave out any numbers. And yes, I live in Texas. I know. I know. It's crazy.

So... what's going on in the life of Tam? Well I skipped working out last night *gasp!* Oh I know, slap me silly already but I did not workout. I'll even make an excuse -- my arms and shoulders were very sore from the past 2 days. It hurts to raise them up, much less raise them overhead. How's that? Not good enough -- I know. I'll have to make it up on Saturday.

It was cold, I was comfy on the couch watching TV. I fell asleep during Oprah, woke up all groggy and bleary-eyed and kinda hungry. Jimmy was making peanut butter cookies because he found the dough in the fridge (not because he wanted to eat them -- he just found the dough. Uh huh. Yeah. heehee) He ended up going out in the bitter cold and brought home turkey pot pies. Mmmmmmmm. They were good.

We watched some TV (That 70's show, Stacked, Trading Spouses..... yep we have horrible taste in television) then went to bed and watched a bit more TV. We flipped channels around on the Dish Network and found "The Mule & Donkey Show" which is about -- you guessed it -- mules and donkeys. It was so funny, there was a girl riding a donkey doing Equestrian. You know, jumping over the things in the ring. They were like, 2 feet high because a donkey can't jump. It was so weird, that is usually a regal, dignified sport with beautiful animals and riders dressed to the nines and sitting up straight. And here was this girl like that but on a white, scraggley donkey. She'd go over a jump and Jimmy would go "Heeeee hawww" like a donkey sound and it was CRACKING ME UP. That man is one funny dude.

Then we found Iron Chef. Did you know that at the beginning of that show, the host yells "Allez Cuisine!" which, loosely translates to "GO KITCHEN!" That makes me giggle. We make jokes about how they so dramatically introduce the secret ingredient. Lights flash, smoke rises up and the host throws out his hands and yells "SQUID!!" or "PINEAPPLE!!!" Just once we want the lights and smoke and to hear the dude yell...."SPAM!!" ...... or "WONDER BREAD!!!...... or "TOP RAMEN!!!!"

Last nights secret ingredient was.... "PEACHES!!" The Iron Chef had pan full of peach peels and plum pits simmering in water and Jimmy goes, "Look, he's making trash soup." Bwahahahaha he is one funny man. I love when he makes me laugh like that. :o)

Okay I'm giggling my ass off thinking about that donkey. Seriously, that was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Giggling is a good way to start your day.

:o)